We have an immediate opening for Back Office Medical Assistants fora well-established medical office located in the Long Beach area. Candidate must have a minimum 2+ years of recent experience performing back office duties. Bilingual Spanish is preferred.
Job Duties Include, But Not Limited to:
1. Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
2. Follow prescription refill procedures
3. Maintain patient records confidentially
4. Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department
5. Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care:
1. Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications and immunizations
2. Clean and sterilize medical instruments
3. Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures
4. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management
5. Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration
6. Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public
7. Performing other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited medical assistant program
Minimum 2+ years of recent back office experience.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of EMR (CareTracker a plus) and ICD9 coding procedures
Knowledge of medications and injection procedures
Bi-lingual in Spanish is helpful
Maintain current CPR.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing
Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance