Job Title: Assoc Patient Care Coordinator (Irvine CA)
Job training will take place in Signal Hill 3-4 weeks
Medical Records/File Clerk
Medical Records Coordinators compile, process, and maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) on Electronic Medical Records (EMR) for a large multi-site Medical Group. Insure that all patient care records are managed in a manner consistent with all medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system
- Auto Fax filing by chart category and physician rendering into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Identify medical reports and file according to category.
- Receive, organize and manage Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Use Document Management software to scan and file records by category.
- Scan and upload patient clinical history into the EMR. Includes previous provider records
- Maintain PHI and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Proactively takes action to solve problems
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1 year of clerical experience within a Medical Office environment.
- Familiar with Medical Record chart categories.
- Computer proficient, working knowledge with navigating a Windows PC and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (specifically "NextGen")
- Familiarity with creating and managing Adobe PDF file formats is helpful.
- Experience in scanning into electronic medical records is helpful.
- Knowledgeable with the Medical Notice of Privacy Practices and the Health Insurance and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and processing Protected Health Information (PHI)