Medical Billing/Accounts Receivable Representative
Must have Healthcare experience
Job Description:We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Representative to work in a fast paced medical billing organization. The ideal Accounts Receivable Representative MUST have a minimum of 5 year of experience in Physician Billing. You will be responsible for working aging reports, denials, sending appeals, etc. This Accounts Receivable Representative should have great background in healthcare medical billing insurance follow-up, including but not limited to HMO's, PPO's, Medicare and Medi-cal.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medi-cal billing guidelines.
- Knowledge of multiple billing functions
- Ability to identify problems
- Demonstrate reliability & ability to communicate constructively
- Ability to work on multiple billing systems
- Experience in medical billing accounts receivable follow up.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, system Report Writer(s) as applicable.
- Review and work unpaid aging accounts.
- Investigate additional insurance benefits as required
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information
- When requested, correct billing/patient information and re-submit claims
- Routine follow-ups on past due and denied claims
- Prepare consolidation of multiple accounts
- Audit, correct, and re-bill applicable claims
- Dispute payments, handle appeal of underpaid claims, and process denied claims
- Performs additional duties requested by management
- Team player; offers team member support and guidance in field.
- At least 2-3 year of previous Medical Billing experienced
- Very motivated self-starter, must be able to work independently
- Must have understanding of Medicare, Medi-Cal, PPO, HMO and Work Comp billing
- Proficient in CPT, ICD10 and HCPCS coding
- High School diploma
Benefits package which includes Health Benefits, 401k/employer match, Colonial insurance, andPTO