Argus Medical Management is awell-establishedphysician practice management company located in Long Beach, CA.
We currently have an opening for a Medical Coder(with notable Coding experience). A career track position for who wants a long term role in our company. Position is best for someone who works hard and determined to develop a strong career that combines medical coding skills and management skills.
Position: Medical Coder(under the Charges & Coding Department)
Reporting: Assistant Director (Head of Charges & Coding Department)
The primary responsibilities are:
- Client Coordination working with Physicians directly and coordinating with Physician's Staff
- Workflow Coordination with Offshore Team (offshore company is owned by Argus)
- Training and Quality Control with Clients and Offshore Team
Other responsibilities are:
- To participate or lead department projects like Evaluation & Management Audits, Procedure/Surgical Audits MACRA, etc. (appropriate trainings will always be provided depending on what is required in the project).
- Assist Head of Department and Senior Team Leaders with special tasks.
Required Work Experience:
- Two years, Professional Coding hands-on experience.
- Ability to interact with physicians and staff.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to drive own transportation.
- High School degree required.Some college preferred.
- Proficiency in medical billing systems.
- Knowledge of coding guidelines on State and Federal, PPO, HMO & other insurance payers.
- Demonstrated expertise in any specialty (Internal Med, Cardio, Ortho, etc.) and be able to apply the CPT-4, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS coding principles and guidelines including modifiers, CCI Edits, etc.