We are actively seeking a Regional Manager that would oversee multiple medical offices and report directly to our COO. The Regional Manager must have previous experience in office practice management and/or general healthcare and managed cared experience.
The Regional Manager will work under the direct supervision of the COO on all physician office related duties and responsibilities. They will effectively manage financial, human resources, risk management and compliance issues of physician offices that have been assigned them by the COO. At times the Regional Manager may be called to other offices dependent upon the needs of the company.
Local regional travel is a must, as a consistent leadership presence
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Staffing & Human Resources:
- All hiring & firing for physician offices.
- Maintain relationships with 15+ private practice physicians, understanding their business needs and concerns
- Assures client and employee complaints and/ or grievances are addressed in a timely manner
- Approve / oversee all employee disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate Float Pool assignments of an employee when needed in assigned offices.
- Ensure physician offices are in compliance with Argus H.R. policies & procedures and labor laws.
- Pay special attention to overtime, employee breaks and harassment.
- Stay current on California & Federal labor law.
- Educate physicians and supervisors on labor law as directed by Human Resources Dept.
- Staff development including training & counseling as needed.
- Review the following financial reports monthly with physicians:
- Profit & Loss and Performance reports.
- Productivity, Labor Distribution & Benefits Accrual reports.
- Accounts Payable Report.
- Capitation reports
- Alert physicians to significant increases in expenses or opportunities to reduce expenses.
- Pay specials attention to overtime expenses.
- Review significant increases in expenses during the current year or from prior years
- Ensure that supervisors are reviewing and signing off on accounts payable and labor distribution reports and R.M.s should initial these reports to indicate that they have reviewed.
- Coordinate year end payout of physician bonuses.
- Ensure that office supervisors are trained to complete timecards and code expenses accurately.
- Develop and periodically update as needed job descriptions for all office staff under the direction of Human Resources Dept.
- Recommend and conduct annual evaluations and salary adjustments for office staff with physician's approval
- Notify client in writing re: issues where client's expenses (by category) are significantly higher than other physicians for the same specialty or size or where expenses have increased significantly (cc COO)
- Work closely with Billing Office to identify weaknesses that could result in lower collections including:
- Proper training of staff
- Collection of co-pays & deductibles in office
- Insurance verification & authorizations
- Accuracy of demographic information
- Lack of response for follow up requests from Billing Office
- Timeliness of billing.
- Ability to monitor and work physician office(s) Missing Encounters and Charges on Hold.
- Ability to monitor and work physician office(s)Unapplied money
Work closely with IPAs & Health Plans to:
- Maximize Pay for Performance revenue
- Maximize Medicare Risk Adjustment revenue
- Coordinate marketing efforts for PCPs by IPA & health plan marketing reps.
- Coordinate & Assist the physician offices with the completion of Pahaf's and or other required Senior Health Care forms.
- Notify client in writing where any of the above will have a significant impact on revenue (cc CEO)
- Serve as a liaison between the physician's office and other Argus departments including:
- Billing Office
Risk Management / Compliance:
- Ensure that offices are compliant on:
- Labor Law
- Monitor Cash controls including:
- Balancing payment logs daily
- Monitoring documentation for use of Petty Cash
- Tying of Super bills to appointments
- Office & Equipment Leases:
- Alert physician in advance re: expiration dates
- Implement and monitor for compliance appropriate policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the following:
- Calibration of all medical equipment
- Proper disposal of all expired meds
- Acceptable process in place for recall notices
- All prescriptions are authorized by a physician, and not by staff
- Staff are only using approved safety needles
- Track certification and licenses for all medical functions:
- Medical Assistants
- Physician, PA, and NP licensure & CM
- Ensure that all independent contractors in office have:
- Contract approved by Argus.
- Proof of malpractice.
- Proof of workman's compensation coverage.
- Notify physician in writing where any of the above can have a significant impact on practice (cc CEO). Copy Compliance Officer if areas relates to Billing.
- Complete Office Checklists 2 times a year and review with clients.
- Monitor and advise clients that offices be clean and appear professional.
- Monitor and advise clients that office staff are trained and use proper etiquette in working with patients and appear and act professional.
- Submit ad hoc reports as requested by Director of Operations and/or other members of management as requested
- Coordinate Credit Card Machines (chief liaison)
- Coordinate copiers, printers and PCs (chief liaison)
- Maintain relationships with 5+ private practice physicians, understanding their business needs and concerns
- Degree in business administration, health administration, or other appropriate discipline preferred
- Minimum (3-5) years of progressive healthcare management experience in a private practice setting for 5 or more physicians
- Basic understanding of accounting practices
- Effective communication, negotiation, and project management skills
- Ability to build rapport and lasting customer relationships based on personal and professional trust
- Expertise in interviewing, counseling, hiring and firing, and knowledge of Labor Laws
- Demonstrated ability to train and direct professional and administrative personnel in basic physician office practices
- Proven leadership, customer service skills, sound independent judgment, initiative, and solid organizational and time management skills required
- High level of competency in both written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite and accounting systems (MAS200 experience helpful)
- Local travel required,
- Must provide proof of valid CA Drivers License
- Standard $100/$300k auto insurance limits of liability coverage
- Must provide own transportation
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but no limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.