Front/Back Office Medical Assistant - Exp Required
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Part-time Front/back Office Medical Assistant located in the Long Beach area. We are looking for someone with a minimum 1 years of recent experience performing front office duties. Seeking a positive, personable, experienced and hard-working individual to join our practice.
- EMR Experience Preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
This position involves both back and some front office responsibilities. The right candidate must be a people person with a positive, friendly attitude. Someone who others are drawn to and love being around. This candidate must be able to multi-task, treat patients with friendliness and respect, be willing to learn, and most importantly be a team player. (full detailed job description available during the interview process).
- Welcome patients as they contact the office personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures
- Register all patients per registration protocols and collect all documentation
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue receipt when monies are collected
- Review referral requests for completeness/accuracy and schedule any follow-up appointment as indicated
- Work closely with Medical and Nursing staff to ensure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time
- Check office supplies regularly and advise of any needs
Back Office: NOT REQUIRED, BUT HELPFUL
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
- Follow prescription refill procedures
- Maintain patient records confidentially
- Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program
*We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your resume!