Per Diem Medical Assistants (Greater Los Angeles)
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS !!! Per Diem or Temporary Front/Back Office Medical Assistant for offices located in the LA , OC AND IE areas.
Ideal Candidates have :
-Front and Back office experience.
-Some experience in a medical office setting.
- Flexible schedules
- Reliable transportation
Job Duties Include:
- Welcome patients as they contact the office personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures
- Schedule appointments;
- Register all patients per registration protocols and collect all documentation
- Reviews and verifies patient insurance coverage.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures
- Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue receipt when monies are collected
- Review referral requests and schedule any follow-up appointment as indicated
- Work closely with Medical and Nursing staff to ensure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time
- Check office supplies regularly and advise of any needs
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
- Follow prescription refill procedures
- Maintain patient records confidentially
- Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care
- Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, medications and immunizations
- Clean and sterilize medical instruments
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public
- Performing other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program
- Front office experience
Minimum 6 months of recent experience.
- Medical terminology
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of EMR (CareTracker a plus)
- Phlebotomy Experience a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with HMO's, PPO's Medicare and MediCal
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
- Must be available at a moment's notice