OUR COMPANY: Argus Medical Management is a large regional physician practice management company located in Long Beach, CA. providing billing, staffing, credentialing, marketing, systems, accounting and purchasing services to over 300 physicians in L.A. and Orange Counties. Visit our web-site at www.ArgusMSO.com .
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
SUMMARY: Experienced Senior Accountant responsible in assisting the full general accounting functions including Journal Entries, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Financial Reporting. Oversee the completion and ensure the accuracy of general ledger accounts and financial statements for corporate and for clients. Rely on experience and judgment to evaluate, to plan, to implement assigned tasks. Manage, lead, and supervise the general accounting staff (A/P, A/R, and General Accounting).
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time/Hourly
- Understand, coordinate, and resolve all issues relating to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivables and financial reporting including communicating with vendors, customers and internal managers with little supervisions from the Director of Finance.
- Monitor, review, and approve all reports from the accounts payable and general accounting staff.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, worksheets and analyze all balance sheet accounts and submit the analyses to the accounting manager on a monthly basis.
- Meet monthly reporting timeline for the responsible financial statements and reports.
- Must be advance user of MS Excel to do the day to day work
- Coordinate all government audits with the outside auditors and all financial reviews and tax returns with outside accountants.
- Implement and resolve any other financial related projects assign by the accounting manager.
- Responsible for documenting all policies and procedures for general accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- BS/BA in Accounting
- At least 2-3 years of hands on general accounting experiences
- High energy accounting professional who has the aptitude to learn and willing to work hard.
- Team player with ability to delegate and direct accounting staff in completion of assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- Must be proficient in using Sage100 software, report writer, MS Words, and Excel.