Lead Reimbursement Specialist- Medical Billing, Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, SyMed Corporation is a comprehensive revenue cycle management group and billing software vendor. Our mission is providing innovative solutions in helping our clients successfully navigate the corridors of today's healthcare reimbursement maze. We invest in our team of bright, focused and knowledgeable people who enable SyMed to bring excellent results to our clients. Are you detail oriented and like working in a productive, friendly environment? Then come join us for this excellent opportunity to grow professionally in this unique position. You will have the opportunity to learn multiple computer systems and software and to work directly with clients and government representatives!
- Monitors workflow and team productivity
- Responsible for staff training and assignment of tasks
- Directs work of employees in the team to meet quality and timeliness
- Professionally and effectively communicate with team of in-house billing staff, clients (county behavioral health contractor agencies, mental health/substance use counselors, etc.), insurance companies and government agency staff
- Register patients and maintain patient demographic data entry, navigating multiple interfacing electronic health record and billing systems
- Maintain work queue and manage personal workflow, meeting priorities and required deadlines
- Bill services/claims
- Work errors, rejections, corrections
- Monitor for data quality
- Run reports to reconcile monthly billing cycle
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Attend meetings and trainings internally with team, with clients, and with county behavioral health division staff.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Progressively responsible experience in billing and follow-up desired
- Experience and/or educational background in the healthcare field or medical office environment may be considered (front office, back office, scheduling, medical assistant, claims processing, collections, etc.). Direct experience in 3rd party claims (Medicare, Medi-Cal, Private Insurances) billing and follow-up a plus.
- Industry experience in behavioral health, autism/developmental disabilities, or substance abuse treatment environments a plus
- Data entry skills
- Familiarity navigating various computer systems required, preferably electronic health/medical records
- Commonly used systems/programs/portals: Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Ebridge document managment, Unicare/Profiler, Netsmart/Avatar, Foothold/Awards, Askesis/Provider, Change Healthcare, Office Ally, Noridian, CAQH, PAVE, NPPES
- Medical/Dental and Vision Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Section 125 Benefit Plan)
- 401K with option for percentage of company match
- Paid PTO
- Educational, development, & CEU opportunities
This is a mid-level supervisory position, commensurate with experience
Must complete the full online application and assessment process to be considered.