Medical Billing & Claims Follow-up
Located in the beautiful Napa Valley SyMed Corporation is a comprehensive medical billing and management services group. Our mission is providing innovative solutions in helping our clients successfully navigate the corridors of today's healthcare reimbursement maze. We invest in our team of bright, focused and knowledgeable people who enable SyMed to bring excellent results to our clients. Are you detail oriented and like working in a productive, friendly environment? Then come join us for this excellent opportunity to grow professionally in this unique position. You will have the opportunity to learn multiple computer systems and software and to work directly with clients and government representatives!
- Professionally and effectively communicate with team of in-house staff, clients, patients, and insurance companies
- Register patients and maintain patient demographic data entry, navigating multiple interfacing electronic health record and billing systems
- Maintain work queue and manage personal workflow, meeting priorities and required deadlines
- Bill services/claims
- Work errors, rejections, corrections
- Post payments and denials
- Run reports to reconcile monthly billing cycle
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Attend meetings and trainings internally and with clients
Qualifications / Skills:
- Minimum of one year's direct experience in billing and follow-up of 3rd party claims (Medicare, Medi-Cal, Commercial Insurances, Managed Care Plans).
- Experience in any of the following a plus: internal medicine, primary care, optical, behavioral health, autism/developmental disabilities, substance use treatment, professional claims, facility claims.
- Data entry skills.
- Familiarity navigating office programs and various computer systems required, preferably electronic health/medical records.
- Commonly used systems/programs/portals: Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Ebridge document managment, Unicare/Profiler, Netsmart/Avatar, Foothold/Awards, Askesis/Provider, Practice Fusion, Epic, Change Healthcare, Office Ally, Noridian, CAQH, PAVE, NPPES.
- Medical/Dental and Vision Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Section 125 Benefit Plan)
- 401K with option for percentage of company match
- Paid PTO
- Educational opportunities, CEU's, and tuition reimbursement for relevant approved programs
Commensurate with experience