Are you a person who enjoys the challenge of solving the healthcare claims puzzle? If so, you may have the qualities we're looking for in a medical billing team member to join our Operations team. Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, SyMed Corporation is a comprehensive medical billing and management services group. SyMed Corporation seeks focused individuals with excellent skills to work with medical billing, with specific experience in non-emergency medical transportation.
We invest in our team of bright, focused and knowledgeable people who enable us to bring excellent results to our clients. Our mission is providing innovative solutions in helping our clients successfully navigate the corridors of today's healthcare reimbursement maze. If this sounds like the kind of challenge you're looking for then apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The Billing Associate is responsible for interacting with staff, clients, payers, patients, physicians, nursing staff and other facility personnel to maximize collections for our clients at the front end. The Billing Associate is also responsible for maintaining a professional, positive and friendly environment through phone and front desk interactions with staff, vendors and clients alike.
Reporting to the Division Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Expectations and Task
- Manages assigned work queue in an effective and efficient manner maintaining a 72-hour turnaround time.
- Accurately enters and completes patient demographic information into CMP
- Accurately keys and codes charges (ICD-10, CPT, &HCPCS) into CMP from work queue
- Responsible for transportation billing imports
- Releases charges for processing by insurance companies via electronic 837 files or paper submission
- Resolves any billing exceptions/rejections from CMP, Clearinghouse, etc.
- Runs necessary reports to maintain an accurate data base
- Responsible for obtaining and renewing NEMT authorizations/TARs
- Responsible for obtaining and tracking MD RX requests
- Takes patient phone calls, troubleshoots and ensures customer satisfaction while maintaining HIPAA compliance at all times by adhering to patient call protocol.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Education High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Work Experience 1 to 2 years' experience in 3rd party claims (Medicare, Medi-Cal, Private Insurance) **specific expertise with non-emergency medical transportation billing a plus.
- Skills - Knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy are required. Business level verbal and written communication skills also required.
- Physical Guidelines Ability to extend wrists/arms for up to eight hours/day; sit for up to eight hours/day; and work at computer terminal for up to eight hours/day.
- Medical/Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with option for percentage of company match
- Cafeteria Plan (Section 125 Benefit Plan)