Provider Support Specialist - Healthcare
Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, SyMed Corporation is a comprehensive medical billing and management services group. Our mission is providing innovative solutions in helping our clients successfully navigate the corridors of today's healthcare reimbursement maze. We invest in our team of bright, focused and knowledgeable people who enable SyMed to bring excellent results to our clients. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Provider Support Specialist to join our team.Provider Support Specialists assist clients and internal staff in a customer service and administrative support capacity.
- Provide timely and detailed verification of benefits.
- Initiate authorizations and single case agreements.
- Assists in drafting provider enrollment/credentialing applications.
- Maintains queue of new provider account applications, validating necessary information, communicating with providers regarding incorrect or incomplete requests, and submitting for approval once completed.
- Manages tasks on provider support tracking portal, maintaining accurate follow-up status and documenting detailed notes.
- Compiles data and documentation for research projects upon request.
- Contributes to provider and staff education and process improvements.
- Professionally and effectively communicates with staff, clients, payers, patients, physicians, nursing staff and other facility personnel in all areas pertaining to his/her position.
- Takes client and payor phone calls, researches and always responds to requests for information in a timely manner while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
- Represent organization at meetings and conference calls upon request.
- Education High school diploma or equivalent required. Post high school education in healthcare related program preferred.
- Experience - Typically at least one year in a healthcare environment or administrative support role. Experience with verification of benefits, authorizations, and provider enrollment/credentialing preferred.
- Skills - Knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy are required. Requires some background in or knowledge of healthcare industry or medical office environment. Business level verbal and written communication skills also required.
- Uses tact, discretion, and a positive tone when handling phone calls.
- Prior experience must show the ability to maintain confidentiality and efficiency in a multi- functioning environment.
- Computer literacy required. Business level verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, adaptive, willing to learn, and has an overall positive, friendly and helpful attitude.
- Knowledge of office management systems.
- Proactive, thorough, and resourceful. Ability to work independently. Able to multi-task, prioritize, and respond to immediate requests.
- Physical Guidelines Ability to extend wrists/arms for up to eight hours/day; sit for up to eighthours/day; and work at computer terminal for up to eight hours/day.
- Medical/Dental and Vision Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Section 125 Benefit Plan)
- 401K with option for percentage of company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Educational, development, & CEU opportunities
- Fun company events (see our reviews on Glassdoor)
- Opportunities for advancement with a rapidly growing company.
This is an entry to mid-level position, commensurate with experience
MUST COMPLETE THE FULL ONLINE APPLICATION AND ASSESSMENT PROCESS TO BE CONSIDERED. If you experience any trouble or have any questions regarding the application or assessment, please email email@example.com for assistance. Please no unsolicited phone calls.