Front/ Back Office Medical Assistant (Surgery Clinic) Newport Beach CA
Argus Medical Management provides all Management Services critical to running a successful medical practice allowing our physician clients to focus on the practice of medicine. We are seeking a full time Medical Assistant for a Surgery clinic located in Newport Beach CA.
- EMR Experience Preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
This position involves both back and some front office responsibilities. The right candidate must be a people person with a positive, friendly attitude. This candidate must be able to multi-task, treat patients with friendliness and respect, and most importantly be a team player.
- Welcome patients as they contact the office personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures
- Register all patients ,and collect all documentation
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance, and computes patient charges
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles
- Review referral requests for completeness/accuracy and schedule any follow-up appointment
- Check office supplies regularly and advise of any needs
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
- Follow prescription refill procedures
- Maintain patient records confidentially
- Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care
- Knowledge of medications and injection procedure
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or Equivalent work experience
*We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your resume!