We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of healthcare. We are a well known reputable organization looking for well driven and energetic candidates to join our team. Fun, friendly environment with competitive salary and great benefits.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced fulltime Front/Back Office Medical Assistant for an physician office located in Long Beach. We are looking for someone with a minimum 2 years of recent experience performing front office duties.
- EMR Experience Preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Job Duties Include:
- Knowledge of PPO's HMO's, MCare and Worker's Comp
- Welcome patients as they contact the office personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures
- Register all patients per registration protocols and collect all documentation
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue receipt when monies are collected
- Review referral requests for completeness/accuracy and schedule any follow-up appointment as indicated
- Work closely with Medical and Nursing staff to ensure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time
- Check office supplies regularly and advise of any needs
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
- Follow prescription refill procedures
- Maintain patient records confidentially
- Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care:
Extra Criteria :
- Can draw blood
- Verify insurance, authorizations, & referrals
- Flexible working front and back office
- EMR/ computer skills
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of EMR (All Scripts a plus) and ICD10 coding procedures
Knowledge of medications and injection procedures
Knowledge of CHDP
Maintain current CPR.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing
Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
**Please do not apply if you do not feel you have the qualifications listed above.