We have an immediate opening for an experienced fulltime Front/Back Office Medical Assistant for an physician office located in Lakewood CA. We are looking for someone with a minimum 2 years of recent experience performing front office duties.
- EMR Experience Preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a preferred
- Care tracker experience
- Billing experience
- Nephrology experience
- Supervisor experience is a plus
This position involves both back and some front office responsibilities. The right candidate must be a people person with a positive, friendly attitude. This candidate must be able to multi-task, treat patients with friendliness and respect, and most importantly be a team player. Front Office:
- Welcome patients as they contact the office personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures
- Register all patients ,and collect all documentation
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance, and computes patient charges
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles
- Review referral requests for completeness/accuracy and schedule any follow-up appointment
- Check office supplies regularly and advise of any needs
- Room patients, obtain vitals, patient history and reason for seeking care
- Follow prescription refill procedures
- Maintain patient records confidentially
- Record patient charges and lab charges for billing department
- Assist the provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care
- Knowledge of medications and injection procedure
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or Equivalent work experience
*We look forward to hearing from you and reviewing your resume!