Are you a Trouble-Shooter, someone who enjoys the analytics of Billing and Processing Claims and/or Denials? Are you a problem solver? Do you have a winning personality that allows you to interact with ANYONE easily? If you answered "YES!" to these questions, then we have the perfect job for you at our new and rapidly growing Medical Billing and Management Company.
Experience in medical billing is a requirement for your success in this position. Extremely detailed oriented with the ability to track multiple projects and set priorities.
It is also essential that applicant have strong verbal, written, and electronic communication skills. Applicant must have a positive attitude, the ability to efficiently multitask, attention to detail, ability to work well with our team, and be dedicated to providing the service to our client's and their patients. On the job training is provided.
Each Billing Specialist is assigned the responsibility of working accounts and keeping the account receivables within department standards. The Billing Specialist needs to have the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and will have productivity standards that need to be met on a daily basis.
- Pursues timely payment, and works on billed insurance claims and denials, researching and resolving issues to ensure that all accounts are correctly reimbursed, including re-billing claims as necessary.
- Verify that data entered balances with batch documents provided.
- Proactively resolve insurance claims disputes
- Make appropriate adjustments or corrections to patient accounts to update information (i.e. discharge date, modifiers, and insurance information).
- Balance daily entry logs to the system daily.
- Comment information on patient accounts regarding action that has or will be taken on the account.
- Follow proper procedures to assure that patient records are complete, accurate and current.
- May perform claims processing functions such as charge or payment posting.
- May participate in client specific training with outsource vendors/partners as needed.
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of information processed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and strong hands on application of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding systems.
- Knowledge and strong hands on application of chart review and documentation auditing,
- Knowledge of health insurance programs, coverage offered and third-party reimbursement mechanisms, including Medicare, Medicaid, PPO, HMO, Military and Veteran and their billing guidelines and processes
- High School diploma or equivalent.;
- Data entry and word processing skills, as well as knowledge of computer hardware/software use and function.;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.;
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Two or more years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry, with a focus on medical terminology and ICD/CPT coding preferred.;
- Strong attention to detail and professional customer service skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package which include Medical, Dental and Visions insurance as well as Life, STD and LTD insurance, plus a 401K option. Business casual work environment.