We are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team in our Bradenton office. This position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Revenue Cycle Management in the day-to-day Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) operations of a busy multi-specialty RCM organization focusing on anesthesia as well as other health care areas (Hospital, Facility, Surgery Center, office across multiple specialties). This position involves working cohesively with multiple departments and internal RCM operations as well as coordination of operational activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in the oversight of both the client side and internal daily operations as well as the day-to-day functions of the RCM office.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of written policies, procedures and protocols that govern the RCM/collection/compliance/account management functions of the organization.
- Participate as needed in all aspects of patient and client account management, utilizing internal and external personnel and resources, including but not limited to:
- Assure that patient information records are appropriately input.
- Make written and oral report recommendations concerning client account issues.
- Implement and monitor the progress of necessary projects.
- Work with outside vendors, insurance providers and others to resolve billing issues.
- Monitor patient account credit balances/refunds.
- Assist with payor contract negotiations and review.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly reporting.
- Be able to help develop and utilize reports and output, internally and at the request of clients.
- Analyzing reports to identify trends within payor categories and provide solutions to facilitate resolution of any issues.
- Participate actively and effectively in the preparation and promulgation of data.
- Maintain compliance with government regulations and industry requirements.
- Assist and oversee the onboarding of new clients by working with team members throughout the implementation process.
- Create a department wide understanding of the regulatory issues affecting Revenue Cycle, provider documentation, coding and maintaining compliant policies and procedures.
- Build reports in billing software and train staff on effective reporting processes.
- Manage and comply with MIPS reporting.
- Participate in special projects and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Primary Requirements are:
- Must be very organized and willing to multi-task.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others and be extremely team oriented.
- Ability to sustain fast pace and withstand conflicting requirements.
- Must possess the ability to seek out and implement new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing situations.
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat and legible manner.
- Must possess the ability to examine and interpret financial documents and reports.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing sound RCM techniques and office production.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma.
- Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management Certification or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education desired but not required.
- Must have, as a minimum, five (5) years of experience in healthcare RCM supervisory role, including preferably outpatient and inpatient as well as facility management experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of Electronic Health Record (EHR) platforms is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, most notably Excel and Word.
We value the health of our employees! Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision plans, company-paid basic life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, 401k plan, and competitive paid time off program.