Want to be part of a team of professionals who have been providing medical billing, coding and practice management services to providers for over 35 years? What makes us different? It's simple really. Going above and beyond for clients is not just a goal we strive for; it's a state of mind! If you are like-minded, high-energy and looking for a challenging opportunity, please consider the following opportunity to join our amazing team!
Certified Medical Coder -This position is responsible for referring to patient's medical charts/encounter records and selecting proper codes to classify procedures performed, diagnostic information collected and treatment provided in an outpatient setting. Will be using ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding systems.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of THREE (3) YEARS medical coding experience.
- E&M coding for office and Emergency Medicine a plus.
- National Coding Certification from the AAPC or AHIMA (current or in process)
- A thorough understanding of the content of medical records as well as clinical knowledge including extensive training in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and clinical disease processes.
- Outstanding Integrity! Strict adherence to ethical principles relating to quality, truth and accuracy in work performance and productivity.
- A resident of North Carolina.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful and organized.
- Able to identify, assess, research and resolve complex issues.
- Flexible. Able to self-prioritize, work independently and multi-task.
- A strong communicator.
- Professional and dependable. A true team player.
- Proficient and confident with CMS & CPT coding guidelines.
- Able to quickly and efficiently maneuver the internet. Flexible to quickly master new software and systems.
- Associates degree or equivalent from college/technical school; High School diploma/GED equivalent and three years experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Able to successfully pass a background check.
ABOUT US--Applied Medical Systems has been caring for the health of medical practices since 1979. We are located in the RTP/Durham, North Carolina area and offer a casual work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package, including the opportunity to be considered for remote work.
No Agencies or Phone Calls Please. Equal Opportunity Employer.