About HealthPro Medical Billing, Inc.
HealthPro Medical Billing is the trusted partner of choice for radiology and pathology practices, as well as imaging centers and other healthcare service providers throughout the United States. Now in business for over 30 years, our success is fully dependent on the service and results we provide our clients and the integrity we demonstrate along the way. Because building and maintaining client trust is essential to our business, we seek out talented medical billing professionals who share our commitment to quality.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to be a part of our team. We offer a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation and benefits, and a work-life balanced environment.
HealthPro Medical Billing in Lima, OH is seeking a full-time Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Specialist to be a part of our team.
EDI Specialist Summary of Responsibilities:
- Electronic Data Interchange file processing, verification, error identification, and resolution activities to ensure timely, accurate and efficient billing of patient accounts
- Work failed or missing demographic information
- Communicate with external facilities and vendors about EDI issues such as missing or corrupt files
- Work claim rejects as notified by the Clearinghouse
- Enter information into the computer system such as physicians, insurances, CPT or ICD10 codes
- Update and maintain tables on the billing platform
- Research and update physician NPIs
- Verify fee schedules, physicians, and insurance cross-overs
- Access various payor websites and make applicable updates
- Respond to and track payor audit requests in need of additional information within the expected turnaround time as set by the payor
- Run routine reports required for business operations and evaluate for accuracy
- Understanding of the billing process and terminology
- Previous experience in EDI file processing preferred
- Ability to interpret and follow EDI work instructions
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or as a team
- Ability to perform in a fast pace environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient keyboarding skills
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required; certification or Associate's degree in related area of study preferred. One to two years of medical billing experience required. Equivalent combinations of work experience and education will be considered. Must be able to multi-task, analyze data, problem solve, and work at a fast pace.