About HealthPro Medical Billing, Inc.
HealthPro Medical Billing is the trusted business partner of choice for radiology and pathology practices, as well as imaging centers and other healthcare service providers throughout the United States. Now in business for over 30 years, our success is fully dependent on the service and results we provide our clients and the integrity we demonstrate along the way. Because building and maintaining client trust is essential to our business, we seek out talented medical billing professionals who share our commitment to quality.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to be a part of our team. We offer a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation and benefits, and a work-life balanced environment.
HealthPro Medical Billing in Lima, OH is seeking an onsite mid-level Programmer Analyst to be a part of our Information Services team.
The Programmer Analyst will require a combination of skills that involve primary functions of:
- Assisting internal departments by designing, developing, implementing, and testing new business tools and enhancements.
- Working with external vendors and client facilities to meet business and client needs.
- Troubleshooting system issues related to our billing platform and related software.
- Maintenance and management of our core system databases.
- Scripting and/or programming to assist and back up our primary programming functions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintains and accepts ownership and confidentiality of high level, overall information of clients, staff, and operations.
- Enhances corporate processes and troubleshoots system issues by working with Department Leaders and team members to determine scope of needs.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Initiates recommendations, planning, and implementation of new technologies and system changes that augment or promote process improvement.
- Communicates effectively with client facilities (hospitals and private institutions) to assemble data transfer processes to support core billing functions.
- Communicates effectively with vendors to ensure strong relationships and stable billing processes.
- Monitor and evaluate present and proposed business procedures or problems to assemble data processing needs.
- Researches and adheres to payer and government requirements relating to billing process regulations and best practices.
- Executes maintenance and administers database files to create desired changes in billing platform performance.
- Participates in the planning, development, testing, and documentation of new or existing applications.
- Scripts and/or programs to improve and/or develop reports, data transfer, and system performance.
- Monitors business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
Programming Language Qualifications:
Must have experience with the following:
- SQL Server databases
Experience with the following is highly desired but not required:
Experience with the following is desired but not required:
- Visual Basic .NET
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Software for medical billings/claims
- iSeries (AS400) computing platform
- Writing large and complicated SQL statements with many joins and other advanced features
- Optimizing SQL queries for best performance on multiple platforms
- Documentation of code
Education and Experience:
- SAP Business Objects Reporting Platform
- Web Programming (HTML, CSS, ASP/VBSCRIPT)
- SQL Server Management
- Healthcare industry experience
- HL7-Health Level 7 record formats
- EDI interface programming and record formats
- OnBase software and programming
- Windows Server 2012, 2016
- Active Directory
Must have an Associate or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or a minimum of 3 years related experience. Healthcare industry experience preferred.