We are a rapidly growing medical billing company seeking several experienced medical billers/payment posters to enter, update or correct patient information with speed and accuracy. Entry level experience will be taken into consideration.
The right candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Make appropriate adjustments or corrections to patient accounts to update information (i.e. discharge date, modifiers and insurance information)
- Balance daily entry logs to the system totals daily. Check new master totals with transaction audit daily.
- Identify any necessary additional adjustments or refunds that need to be made to the patient's account based upon contract provisions, claims submission and specific patient treatment provisions. Communicate such findings to appropriate staff member.
- Prepare deposits and post payments and write-offs as required.
- Contact third party payers on a timely basis to obtain claim processing status and clarification regarding claim payment denials.
- Respond to any requests from third party insurance for any additional information, documentation, etc.
- Interact with department team members to resolve claims denials related to electronic claims submission format, etc.
- Answer phones and respond to inquiries or problems in a professional and courteous manner
- High school diploma or equivalent; required.
- (2) years previous experience in an electronic billing environment; preferred.
- Knowledge of health insurance medical billing policies and procedures; required.
- Previous experience with establishing relationships with third party insurers; preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Can work successfully in a high-pressure environment and respond to multiple priorities.
- Capable of resolving problems independently, coupled with the ability to discern the need for escalation and intervention.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with computer software systems, specifically Microsoft products such as Power Point, Excel, and Word and data base management systems.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills and have a pleasant phone manner.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We offer excellent benefits which include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and paid holidays.