We are currently seeking an organized and highly motivated individual to join our Credentialing team as a Credentialing Specialist in Newport News/Hampton, VA area. This position is responsible for performing all aspects of the credentialing process for our healthcare providers across multiple locations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work directly with medical providers to help facilitate the process of enrollment with insurance payors.
- Manage the credentialing process from start to finish including obtaining applications from the payors, completing applications, submitting applications, following up with the payors to ensure applications are being processed and obtaining contracts once the credentialing process is completed.
- Properly maintain files on each medically licensed professional including (CV, certifications, licenses, malpractice files, hospital privileges, etc.).
- Link providers to payors
- Maintain proper records in the credentialing database.
- Work closely with the other team members to ensure that the credentialing process is handled as quickly and professionally as possible.
- Track and follow up on re-credentialing coming due.
- Provide superior customer service to medically licensed professionals.
Primary Requirements are:
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple tasks.
- Must have sufficient working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Ability to problem solve, research and analyze data quickly.
- High sense of urgency and desire to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in credentialing, healthcare billing or related field required.
We value the health of our employees! Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision plans, company-paid basic life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, 401k plan, and competitive paid time off program.