This full time position is located in our Federal Way business office. There is no patient face-to-face interaction at this location. The Receptionist is primarily responsible for oversight and timely management of the Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Services referring physician call line, assistance with management of unexpected or short-term scheduling dilemmas for service sites and timely response to urgent email requests from our referring clinicians. The Administrative Associate/Receptionist will also provide some executive assistant (clerical) functions, including administrative assistance for the radiologists and the Executive Director.
We are looking for someone with prior experience in managing and triaging calls from referring physician offices and patients as well as managing physician schedules. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with obvious enthusiasm, energy, finesse and compassion. This position will have a vital part in the workflow of our organization and, therefore, we are looking for that special person that can fill all our expectations (skill, personality, drive, etc.).
Shift is Monday through Friday 8:30 am 5:30 pm with 1 hour lunch.
1) Provide exemplary customer service and customer care, recognizing there is nothing more important than efficient use of physician time, and efficient pleasant collection and transmission of messages is critical to the success of Vantage Radiology and to the provision of timely patient care.
2) Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, critical thinking skills required, use of technology, ability to not get flustered and project aura of calm, mature and professional management of calls.
3) Ability to problem solve and work independently to address radiologist and clinical personnel support requests.
4) Demonstrate proficiency with automated tools and have ability to suggest ways to reach radiologists and work with the personnel at the various service sites.
5) Be cognizant and limit disruption of the radiologist's read time in order to prevent non-compliance and eventual failure of the 24/7 promise.
6) Answer all incoming calls and forward calls to the appropriate subspecialty group or particular radiologist as necessary.
7) Minimize wait time for referral calls. Calls should never be on hold for more than 1 minute without checking in with the caller to ask if they would like to hold longer or have their call returned.
8) Oversee that voice mails are retrieved and calls returned timely.
9) Minimize occasions/need for referrals to leave messages with the radiologists.
10) Filter miscellaneous calls and route to appropriate personnel.
11) Track down the radiologist if the call is of an urgent nature and will immediately affect patient care.
12) Assist with cell phone access and pager access replacement for the radiologists to prevent any significant down time that would affect our timely response to referral calls.
13) Assure that all phone numbers on Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Services, PS' printed materials are correct and up-to-date.
14) Monitor incoming call volume and alert the Executive Assistant when a referral request for call back goes unanswered.
15) Provide assistance in finding adequate coverage for the referral calls if there are changes to the radiologists schedule or unexpected absences.
16) Utilize the provider scheduling software and communicate to the Executive Director and Executive Assistant any scheduling conflicts or gaps that may arise due to unexpected radiologist absences.
17) Provide assistance in filling gaps in the schedule for short-term scheduling conflicts. Assist with locums schedule management.
18) Monitor and respond within one (1) hour to any Urgent Consult Request email that is received.
19) Provide backup administrative support for the radiologists.
20) Assist with reporting for radiology productivity, peer reviews and report auditing processes.
21) Provide back up support to the Executive Assistant as requested for a variety of administrative functions.
22) Support Authorization Dept. with order entry into a database, scheduling, and patient registration.
22) Contact insurance companies to verify medical benefits and authorization requirements for services.
23) Assisting/facilitating expedient and professional patient care.
1) Demonstrate strong self-management and organization skills.
2) Must be experienced with working in and creating Excel spreadsheets (i.e. using formulas, etc).
3) Ensure that high quality customer service standards are achieved by demonstrating effective and professional written and verbal communications.
4) Be accessible and responsive to all stakeholders in our organization: clients (referring providers), clinicians, patients, and your co-workers.
5) Consistently strive to meet the "Our X minute promise" when handling referring physician call requests.
6) Communicate any concerns and/or questions to the Assistant Administrator promptly.
1) Associates of Arts Degree or higher preferred. Experience may be considered substitution for degree.
2) Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
3) Must pass Grammar Test.
4) Two (2) years office receptionist experience required.
5) Knowledge of Epic preferred.