About HealthPro Medical Billing, Inc.
HealthPro Medical Billing is the trusted partner of choice for radiology and pathology practices, as well as imaging centers and other healthcare service providers throughout the United States. Now in business for over 30 years, our success is fully dependent on the service and results we provide our clients and the integrity we demonstrate along the way. Because building and maintaining client trust is essential to our business, we seek out talented medical billing professionals who share our commitment to quality.
HealthPro Medical Billing in Lima, OH is seeking a Medical Billing Assistant Manager to learn and perform all functions of the Cash Management Department (mail processing, payment posting, and refunds) in addition to leading and supporting a dynamic team, meeting department goals, and complying with department and company policies and procedures. We offer a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation and benefits, and a work-life balanced environment.
Medical Billing Assistant Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs day-to-day functions of the department: post payments, balance RDC, research and problem solve accounts, verify direct deposits, coordinate daily work flow, and assign daily tasks while maintaining segregation of duties.
- Monitors and manages team to achieve desired goals.
- Addresses front-line issues and resolves them in an appropriate manner.
- Manages daily team needs, coverage and lunches, etc.
- Maintains department point of contact for other departments and applicable vendors.
- Assign daily tasks and work to associates based on business needs.
- Handles everyday miscellaneous issues that arise.
- Assists co-workers with questions and problematic accounts.
- Escalates problems and concerns to the Department Leader.
- Performs additional tasks and projects as delegated by their Department Leader.
- Assists with training of department team members.
- Communicates with payers and clients as needed to resolve issues.
- Partners with other departments as needed to improve all functions.
- Assists with creating department/company policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines; monitor for accuracy.
- Promotes and supports acceptable quality assurance results for self and department.
- Manages compliance issues related to Cash Management in accordance with the company compliance program.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business Management, Healthcare Management or related area of study is required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three to five years of industry related work experience required.
- One to three years of leadership experience in billing or related industry preferred.
- Experience with medical billing/collections policies and procedures, third party payments, and government payer regulations desired.
- Equivalent combinations of work experience and education will be considered.
- Must be able to multi-task, delegate, problem solve, and effectively communicate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.