Basic Functions: To enter, update and maintain patient information on computer system with speed and accuracy. Resolve denial and AR issues, answer patient phones, train and/or audit new or existing employees as well as our outsourcing partners. Assist management with day to day processes, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in client and/or outsourcing partner calls and meetings as directed by the Client Liaison, ARVP and RVP
- Serve as a liaison to the client and/or outsourcing partners on behalf of Client Liaison, ARVP and RVP
- Assist in communication and education to new or existing employees and/or outsourcing partners
- Interact with facilities' contacts when necessary to gather or clarify information pertaining to the client and its patients
- Monitor denial, aging reports and assist when needed
- Answer telephone inquiries from patients in a professional and courteous manner
- Serve as a "supervisor" back up or upset, confused, difficult patients/callers
- Make appropriate adjustments or corrections to patient accounts to update information (i.e. discharge date, modifiers, and insurance information)
- Comment information on patient accounts regarding action that has or will be taken on the account
- Follow proper procedures to assure that patient records are complete, accurate and current
- May interact with outsource partners/vendors to maintain and monitor quality and quantity
- May participate in client specific training with outsource vendors/partners as needed
- Answer phones and respond to inquiries or problems in a professional and courteous manner within three rings
- Support corporate goals and objectives
- Recognize and respect the confidential nature of information processed
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Work Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be computer (PC) literate
- Must be Excel proficient
- Effective written and oral communications
- 1 to 2 years' Experience and Knowledge of our billing system
Equal Employment Opportunity
MBMS, LLC is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws.
MBMS, LLC will not engage in, or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of harassment) on account of a person's sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected group or status.
This Policy applies to all of MBMS, LLC's officers, managers, supervisors, employees, and customers. All such individuals are both protected under and restricted by this Policy.